Thursday, August 14, 2014

We have lost a great. A legend. A comic. My favorite. #RobinWilliams


Earlier this week, the world was shocked by a devastating loss in pop culture history. The brilliant comedian Robin Williams committed suicide (hard for me to even write). I didn't know him personally, although I am privileged to have seen him once in person as a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - I was thrilled when I found out he would be the guest at my one and only taping of the show! He was always my favorite. I also felt a personal connection to him since we both have roots in Marin County.

I hear he was bright, gentle, kind and generous - on top of what I already knew about him - he was simply HILARIOUS.

As I have been mourning this loss, I am realizing why this seems much closer to home than any other celebrity loss that has occurred during my lifetime. This is the first real connection I felt was a personal loss. I know many of my fellow mid-twenties peers feel the same, since we grew up with his movies (Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, Jumanji, Aladdin). I know I share this terrible feeling of loss along with much of the world. My prayers go out to his family most of all.

A lot of tributes and articles flying around - but these are a few of my favorite articles/videos:

1. Jimmy Fallon's Tearful Tribute 




2. Conan O'Brian's Shocking News




3. Celebrity Tweets from Robin Williams' Fellow Actors




4. Apple Makes Rare Tribute on Homepage



5. Disney's Sweet Tweets & Photos


6. Stumbled upon this hilarious RAW stand-up footage on YouTube last night


No comments:

Post a Comment