Friday, June 15, 2018

Third Times a Charm! Warriors Parade


It was raining blue and gold confetti on Tuesday for the Golden State Warriors 3rd NBA Championship in 4 years! What an awesome time to be a Warriors fan! 


 


This was the year we got to play hookie and hit the streets of Oakland for a huge celebration! We listened to the local newscasters and took Bart over. It was an easy and fun as the Bart trains filled with a sea of blue and gold—Warriors fans repping their team and the Bay! We had a great spot on Broadway then followed the Curry bus about 8 blocks down past Lake Merritt and to the end of the parade. It was a beautiful day and an epic celebration to be a part of and witness Golden State history. GO DUBS!!!





My Warriors fandom started over 10 years ago when my husband and I first started dating. Let's just say they weren't so good then. I was actually able to surprise him with tickets for his birthday and get closer to the court than the back wall! My hubs says that when I became a fan, their rise to stardom started. You can't credit it all to me though ;) Stephen Curry became a Warrior in 2009 the year after Tom & I started dating. As a huge fan of not only his amazing basketball playing, but him as a person, believer and awesome husband and dad, it's been a joy to watch him bring this team to victory in 2015! Then again in 2017 with the big KD (Kevin Durant for those who don't know), and then of course once more in 2018.





No comments:

Post a Comment