Friday, November 8, 2013

"IDV Expert Panel" Blog Series on I Do Venues

There are so many amazing wedding vendors in the Bay Area! So I decided to interview some of them and showcase their "expert advice" on I Do Venues! I have truly enjoyed writing for I Do Venues over the past year & watching it's tremendous growth. It has been a real learning experience growing a start-up company (with a very small team). I've learned a lesson in branding, creative design and well, Editorial Directing (as my title entails). Creating an editorial calendar for a full-time blog has been a fun challenge and this blog series is the icing on the cake to how far we have come with our dynamic blog posts! Accomplishing writing over 400 blog posts, weddings have been on my mind & on my fingertips A LOT this year. It's safe to say I got a crash course in a new topic, but that's what I love about journalism. Learning new things about new fields! Never gets boring :)


Check them out below! 
wedding inspiration tips

This Savvy Photographer – Turns into Even Savvier Bride!

Today, the extremely talented and sweet Kelly, of Kelly Boitano Photography, dishes about some important topics that she makes sure to tell her brides about – and now you can know too! Oh, by the way she is now a bride herself! Congrats Kelly! Read more on I Do Venues. 

*Fun Fact: Kelly was a fellow camp counselor (AKA Polly Pocket), ex-roomie & friend. 


wedding makeup tips 

Glow Bright Like a Diamond

Today we are honored to have the amazing Nicole Nguyen of Blush Bar on our IDV Expert Panel to give you some priceless Makeup & Beauty tips! She had so much knowledge that we had to break it up into two posts (so look out for Part 2: Waxing, Tans & All that Jazz coming soon)! Below you will learn about the importance of makeup on your special day along with tips & tricks to make you look fabulous! These things don’t happen over night – like any of your wedding planning – so be prepared to place an emphasis on makeup. It really is a huge part of your wedding journey! Read more on I Do Venues!

*Fun Fact - I met Nicole on a Blu Bungalow Venues tour last year (such an awesome "ride") and she is super sweet & talented! 


wedding design inspiration

 

How to Throw a Great Party with A Savvy Event! 

Happy Wedding Wednesday to all our IDV readers! We love your support of our blog and wanted to give you a super fun & informative Fall Blog Series to thank you for your continued readership. In this new series, our IDV Expert Panel (which consists of amazing vendors across California) lend their expert knowledge for your special wedding planning gain! So check in every #WeddingWednesdayWithIDV for a new IDV Expert and some invaluable planning tips! TODAY – we are excited to kick-start the series with a truly special IDV Expert, Kelly McLeskey-Dolata of her leading California event planning & design company - A Savvy Event! Read more on I Do Venues!


I am having a serious journalism-craving and this is fixing it for now! Thanks to all the amazing vendors for fun interviews & awesome tips for brides-to-be! (They will sure come in handy some day!)


No comments:

Post a Comment