Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Joys of Not Having a Washer/Dryer...

Going to the laundromat is a all-day event. It's no joke. For all you fellow laundromat-goers you know it is an exhausting, tedious and sometimes life-threatening process. Okay, maybe not life-threatening, but you do feel in desperate need of an hour long Thai massage with hot stones and dream of a hot candlelight bath afterward. All that being said, it is the MOST rewarding experience to have completed, after ALL the folding, and walking--carrying basket by basket up the stairs into my apartment, having drawers full of clean clothes overwhelms me with joy inside. It's a humbling experience that makes me very grateful. There's a little lesson from God in every folding moment. Don't forget the lesson in patience, while you are waiting for your clothes. This time I didn't have the pleasure of my lovely boyfriend helping me. I am woman hear me roar! It makes you stronger (mentally and physically) and reading O magazine listening to Jack Johnson Pandora and drinking a smart water, while with the noise of washers, dryers, families speaking all sorts of languages and Family Feud on the TV are hushed in the background...can feel pretty calming too. :)

Oh and "What was once a dress is now a shirt!" haha That's for you Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment