Monday, February 27, 2012

Helping in THR Office for Oscars Coverage

The big Sunday where everyone is glued to the TV, nope not the Superbowl...it's Oscars Time of course!! And no, I didn't get to go to the Oscars (although I was re-directed behind the Kodak theater on Franklin, on my way to the Beverley Hills THR Office).  But I had the cool opportunity to observe and help with The Hollywood Reporter's web coverage of the Oscars. I wrote an article about arguably the most talked about moment of the night, Sacha Baron Cohen's 'The Dictator' character spilling Kim Jong il's ashes all over Ryan Seacrest's tux on the Red Carpet.

I got to type up an article on the Twitter Reactions from industry peeps about the practical joke incident, and Jethro helped edit it for me. Read my article on The Hollywood Reporter’s website.
I also helped find twitter reactions for Meryl Streep's big win (which I predicted! :) Even though Viola was awesome in The Help. Meryl was amazing in The Iron Lady. Christopher Plummer and Octavia also deserved their wins for sure! Still need to see the big film winner of the night, The Artist!

Then I helped write some captions, like about the cute Artist dog Uggie! And how the Oscars 2012 were for the most part pretty predictable and the expected happened, minus Meryl's winning her first Oscar since 1983. Check out the Best/Worst Moment Gallery Here.

These are the captions I wrote:

1. "For the most part, the Oscar predictions proved to be true, and the expected seemed to happen. Big film winners include The Artist and Hugo. Beginner's star Christopher Plummer won Best Supporting Actor and The Artist's Jean Dujardin took home the prestigious award for Best Actor. Best Supporting Actress went to The Help's Octavia Spencer, who was also favored to win."

2. The Famous French Pooch Makes Oscar Appearance
"Named “top dog in a movie” at the Golden Collar Awards, the cutest and most well-known French pooch, Uggie, made an appearance on the Oscar stage during The Artist’s big win for Best Motion Feature. The film was predicted to win big and it did, taking home five Oscars."


With a delicious free Mexican dinner, and an inside look at live Oscar coverage it was a pretty cool night. I got there around 3:30p.m. and left around 9:45p.m. I brought 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (Samosas and Tagalongs!) and they were a big hit. I was grateful for the experience for sure, and everyone was super nice and thankful for my help. I was just happy to be a part of the Oscar coverage in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment